eastern

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

rant

I was watching Doctor At Large today and enjoying it more than perhaps I rightfully should. I relished the joke about 'big breaths' for a chesty (and lispy) teenager, the pictures of musclemen stuck the the wall of the lonely houseofficers bedroom, his partner's lusty wife and much canoodling with blonde nurse who does so with anyone really, as long as there's a slap-up tea in it for her. I also relished Dirk, and his odd similarity to Cliff Richard - that quiff. Then i went for a steady jog around the Georgian streets of fair Islington and strained something in my leg. Then I ate a sandwich, and did some basic bodily functions. Throughout I respired, puolsated and began to chime to the sweet melodies that ride undulating beneath my pancreas, swelling up like a cactus in the rain whenever I sleep, or watch Newsround.

I shan't mention the war. It isn't a war though is it, just a bloody occupation, a semi-suppressed civil war perhaps. My personal loathing for GWB is unabated. It still beats me every time i see his obtuse little face on television, jerking about as bits of words fall out of his mouth in random order. You can see his speech writers mentally scooping the ejected syllables from his bib with a plastic spoon and shoving them back in again. Sadly though, he will never eat his words, even when the whole planet is flooded ('we were not prepared'), there is no food anywhere (despite free trade), no oil (even in nature reserves) and no forests (dug up to find oil). I know Bush bashing is pointless, unimaginative, shifting responsibility, oversimplifying etc, and sour grapes that social liberalism and economic conservatism seem to be failing (so in fact is social conservatism but either one will do if you have your head in the sand), but i can't stand him. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home